The Way I See It: A Personal Look at Autism & Asperger's
Dr. Temple Grandin gets down to the REAL issues of autism, the ones parents, teachers, and individuals on the spectrum face every day.
Temple offers helpful do's and don'ts, practical strategies, and try-it-now tips, all based on her "insider" perspective and a great deal of research.
These are some of the topics Temple delves into:
- How and Why People with Autism Think Differently
- Economical Early Intervention Programs That Work
- How Sensory Sensitivities Affect Learning
- Behaviours Caused by a Disability vs. Just Bad Behaviours
- Teaching People with Autism to Live in an Unpredictable World
- Alternative Medicine vs. Conventional Medicine
- Employment Ideas for Adults with Autism
- The Role of Genetics and Environmental Factors in Causing Autism
This revised and expanded edition contains updates based on the most current autism research, as well as 12 additional articles, including:
- Managing Video Game Use
- Portfolios Can Open Job and College Opportunities
- A Social Teenager Trapped Inside
- Teaching Turn Taking and the Ability to Wait
- What School Is Best for My Child with ASD?
- The Importance of Choices
|Number of Pages||255 pages|