Flexitable - Fraction, Percentage & Decimal
Flexitables are no ordinary multiplication tables or numeracy charts as they are tactile and made of soft flexible plastic. This low tech approach to maths teaching resources is an effective way of boosting numeracy.
How to use it
The Fraction Grid shows the relationship between fractions and percentages on the front face with the equivalent decimal values on the reverse. By folding the grid down the vertical channels children can discover that 1/4 is the same as 25% and 0.25, etc. and by folding the grids again and again they can find the equivalent fractions, percentages and decimals that mke up 1.
An Activity Guide is included and addresses the following Learning Objectives:
The student will be able to:
- Find equivalent fractions, percentages and decimals
- Add and subtract fractions, percentages, and decimals
- Compare fractions, percentages and decimals
- See the relationship between fractions, percentages and decimals
- Round and estimate fractions and decimals
- Find the simplest form of a fraction
- Convert fractions into decimals and decimals into fractions and relate them to percentages
- Multiply fractions and decimals by whole numbers
- See the relationship between decimals and percentages and coins in money.