Numicon® Shapes are pretty special concrete maths resources. They are incredibly versatile, and they help children see numbers as concrete concepts. Not to be mistaken for Swiss cheese, Numicon Shapes are flat plastic shapes with holes in, representing numbers 1 through 10. The Numicon Shapes can also be differentiated by colour and weight. Put two 1 shapes together and they will equal the weight of a 2 shape. So clever and very helpful in the classroom!
This Box of 80 Numicon Shapes is perfect for small group work or could be used as a maths intervention resource.
- Plan and teach the concrete stage of Maths Mastery in a fun and simple way.
- Easily clean and wipe the plastic shapes, ready for the next group to use.
- Incorporate into your intervention and catch-up group sessions.
- Help learners to hold, manipulate and explore number.
- Teach times tables, number bonds, place value, fractions, measurement and related facts using Numicon Shapes.
What's in the box?
- 10 x 1 shapes
- 10 x 2 shapes
- 10 x 3 shapes
- 10 x 4 shapes
- 10 x 5 shapes
- 5 x 6 shapes
- 5 x 7 shapes
- 5 x 8 shapes
- 5 x 9 shapes
- 10 x 10 shapes
- Ideal when teaching times tables and division facts.
- Promote improvement in reasoning/problem solving.